Saturday, March 27, 2010

My big new friend.....two socks





Shaleigh and I went out to her Grandpa Oscar and Grandma Kim's house to visit their horse. This was to be the first time that Shaleigh had been anywhere near a horse. Grandpa Oscar had the lead rope already tie on and he brought two socks over to meet Shaleigh. She did really well and the horse seemed to love her. It would stand so patiently and let her come up to it to pet it and to feed it.

They decided to take it for a walk and it would keep looking back to see if Shaleigh was still there.....don't worry Shaleigh was just a few steps to the side of him. The horse seemed to love Shaleigh's hair and would walk toward her when she had food in her hand. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

My hope is that it helped teach Shaleigh to not be afraid of things that are bigger than her and that she can handle anything God throws her way. I have all the confidence in her and her abilities and I look forward to seeing them develop over the coming years. Thanks Oscar and Kim for letting us invade your place so that Shaleigh could have her first experience with a horse.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Shaleigh! The horse does make her look really small. Calyn keeps asking me to take her to ride a horse. I'm glad you have sweet friends.

    ReplyDelete