Tuesday, June 29, 2010

MIss Tulia 2010

MiMi doing my hair



Walking across the bridge
Waiting to see who had won
Me and Kaylie

Me after the pageant
Me again

This year since Shaleigh turned 4 she was old enough to participate in the Miss Tulia Pageant. We hunted for days for a red dress that would be perfect for her. I love her in red and thought she would be so pretty.

Saturday started as any day. Sleeping late on the weekend. We got up and had to be at the School for practice at 10:00 and then we went back home to relax until 3:15 when we had Shaleigh's hair done. Mimi did such a good job..so good that Shaleigh even feel asleep while she was doing it.

Back home we had time to relax between hair appointment and getting her dress on her. After we got to the school we dropped her off and waited in the audience for the contest to start. I was so proud of her...she came out, walked across the bridge, and across the stage without stumbling or tripping or for that matter dancing.

She looked beautiful as did her friend Kaylie who was also a contestant. Kaylie won the little Miss Tulia and after I picked up Shaleigh and we went back out to the audience she asked me why she didn't win. I told her she couldn't always win everything. What mattered was that she had fun and enjoyed the event. I also told her she should be very proud of Kaylie and to be nice and congratulate her. I didn't know if she fully understood what I was saying. After it was all over we went to get a picture of her and Kaylie together and she walked up to her and said, "I'm so proud of you and congratulations and gave Kaylie a huge hug." I was so proud of her for understanding that she couldn't always win but she should be proud of herself for putting herself out there and proud of her friends who did win.

1 comment:

  1. She is growing up way to fast. Uncle Lee and Aunt Kristie are so proud of the young girl she is becoming. We are so sad we missed her big night.

    ReplyDelete