Tuesday, June 29, 2010

VBS 2010

The three of us ready for VBS
Sitting in front of the hay bale
I wanted to climb onto the saddle so bad
In front of the fireplace
Making a necklace
Coloring our cowboys
This year was just a little different...for one thing I was joined by my cousins Katie, and Hamilton. They arrived on Saturday before VBS and stayed until Friday of VBS. We had so much fun...we were lucky that we had Cindy Bartram as our teacher. She encouraged each one of us to listen and accomplish the crafts. She along with her helpers were there to help us make our hats, and many other things.

We as cousins did really good for the week. This is the longest that we have ever spent together and it was a lot of fun to have someone to play with. We would get up in the mornings, get dressed, eat breakfast, and go outside to play with grandmom, then lunch, and then VBS, and when mom got home in the afternoon we went swimming.

VBS ended with a cookout, and inflatables provided by the church. Kori, Hayden, and I had so much fun climbing the inflatable and starting over again. Mom and I left a little early and went home to rest. By this time I was really tired and while I enjoyed my cousins I was ready for my house to settle down. I look forward to many years of us having fun together and experiencing VBS together.

1 comment:

  1. Shaleigh,

    Thank you for taking such good care of your cousins during VBS. They still talk about all the things you guys did and sing the songs they learned. You are a very special cousin and they love you very much.

    ReplyDelete